Re: Problem with Text in HTML

  • Subject: Re: Problem with Text in HTML
  • From: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:14:10 +0300
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> scripsit:

Your newsreader does not declare the character encoding of your
message, so US-ASCII is to be implied, making octet C2 (hexadecimal)
undefined. So even this part of the problem (what you actually see)
is unspecified.

It's a matter of bad editor, I believe (maybe not one which supports unicode propertly), rather than a faulty newsreader.

We can only see what the newsreader sent, and it is in error, and it's the newreader's fault (though there might others to blame, too).

Irrespectively of guilt issues, the data supplied was not sufficient for even knowing what the OP had actually seen.

Besides, newsreader deficiencies are _one_ reason why a URL should be provided whenever you describe a problem with an actual page - especially if any non-ASCII characters are involved.