Re: Google Sitemaps and Alias'd domains

  • Subject: Re: Google Sitemaps and Alias'd domains
  • From: Darren Tipton <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 08:46:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Sat, 20 May 2006 17:43:50 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on the topic of "Re: Google Sitemaps and
Alias'd domains":

>speaking of ISP, it makes it sound like you host your Web sites at home,
>which conflicts with the following...

Hmm, nope, don't host at home. I always refer to having 2 ISP's. One that I
change regularly i.e. broadband access, carrier and one I use for
hosting/email etc.

>I have made a mental note. They give Tux a bad name, assuming they provide
>Linux hosting. *smile*

Yes it is Linux hosting, I wouldn't have anything else.

>Just when you need them most, they pull the plug. Isn't that just precious?
>"We would like you to well, but not *TOO* well".

Funnily enough, the same day they remove the block....Googlebot returns !

>The cheeky admins should have sent you an E-mail beforehand. There are ways
>of reducing the load of spiders without turning them away: Control files,
>sitemaps in the case of Google, redesign, reductions, rel="nofollow",
>contacting Google, etc.

Yes, agree. I have had an email back from them saying they are talking to
server management team to come up with a process of managing this and that
all /major/ announcements are announced on the hosts forum.

Hmmm, I percieve potentially cutting off someone's income as major myself.

--
Darren Tipton - Remove the fruit to reply by mail
Google Datacenter Checker: http://www.tippy.co.uk/google-datacenter-check/