Re: Upper case - lower case different for you?

__/ [ invalid@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 08:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> in
>
>> __/ [ Paul B ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 00:44 \__

>> Just dive into a specific IP address, e.g.: 64.233.183.103
>>
>> where I see the following:
>>
>> Saving each SERP as a page (search.html and search2.html)
>>
>> -rw-r--r--    1 roy      users      144592 2006-05-21 05:53 search.htm
>> -rw-r--r--    1 roy      users      144508 2006-05-21 05:54
>> search2.html
>>
>> Taking the diff(erence) of the two gives me a big mess that I can't
>> interpret, let alone paste here (it's a beast!).

>> Could be cookie-related, as well. Google filed a patent (*gasp*) for
>> cookie-based delivery of results some months ago. Whether they are
>> using it, I can't tell. The datacentres can somehow mask its effect or
>> existence. The gist of it: search for a lot of stuff on biology and
>> then get results for 'bullfrog' that are not related to the company
>> which goes by that name.
>
> ehhh. now i'm recalling something odd i thought i've noticed at least twice
> (all/both since late 2005?). i'd been editing ,and submitting searchphrase
> variations. unsatisfied at some point, i brashly edit *out* a critical
> term. yet that term still shows *bolded* in the result synopses! (if i
> notice this again, i'll have to remember to screensho(o)t it.)
>
> and AKAIK, i haven't accidentally allowed google cookies, since as general
> philosophy, i blocked them long ago.
>
> <snip />

Worked a treat, before I joined AdSense in 2004. As they expand, this might
lead to problems.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:45am  up 23 days 15:42,  11 users,  load average: 0.95, 0.62, 0.48