Re: [News] Office 2007 Baffles Users

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 31 May 2006 07:15 \__

http://www.vnunet.com.nyud.net:8090/vnunet/news/2157114/office-2007-beta-logs-500

> I guess this means it's better because it's intuitive?
>
> Right? Hello? Does anybody have an answer? Erik? Intuitive? Yes?
>
> I guess it *could* be intuitive. But it might be hard to tell if nobody
> wants to look at it.
>
> More:
>
>    Bradley was impressed with the new blogging feature in Microsoft
>    Word which allows authors to post their entries directly to their
>    blogs with a single click.
>
> Great. First Front Page, allowing people who know nothing to advertise
> it to the world through crappy websites. Now this.

Crappy is one thing. Adverse to standards is another. Where is Larry Qualig?
He was part of the team that was responsible for this.

The one-click blogging is not truly a feature. It is so simple to do thorough
XML-RPC interfaces. You can use your cellphone to blog using WordPress
(FOSS), for example.

> Wonder what else it does/will do with a single click.

No clicks needed. Word 2002 and 2003 are vulnerable with(out) minimal user
intervention. I think that the opening of E-mail is not a necessity either.
Speaking of which, a proof-of-concept virus exploiting StarOffice macros was
unveiled yesterday. That's just not how one builds a bridge.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Somebody, give this politician a wedgie"
  7:20am  up 33 days 13:52,  8 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.03, 0.87