Re: What the hell is this? A group newsfeed?

__/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 28 May 2006 20:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ RMK ] on Sunday 28 May 2006 11:56 \__
>>
>>> Did someone ask for random news links to be dumped into the group?  If
>>> so, would that person speak up?
>>

>> Over time, several people suggested that I carry on doing so. I think
>> that, all in all, it elevates the relevance of the discussions and deters
>> cyclic arguments in old(er) threads by moving onwards to new topics.
>

> I think these on-topic news items are a good thing widening
> the information content of Linux and
> makes asstroturfers more ineffective than they ever used to be.

That's what I think as well. Whether the intention it to suppress Linux
defamation or not, it is helpful in adding more facts (based on actual media
filtering), which support the contention that "Linux is a better operating
system than others". That is, after all, what makes/made up manifestation
for the group.