Re: [News] Google Software for Linux: Picasa Goes First

__/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Saturday 27 May 2006 06:12 \__

> On Fri, 26 May 2006 16:29:44 +0100,
>  B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Friday 26 May 2006 15:49 Handover Phist wrote:
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz :

>>> Error
>>>
>>> Not Found
>>> The requested URL /linux/ was not found on this server.
>>
>> It's not just you.  See:-
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/index.php?p=205
>>
>> - which also (at the bottom) gives direct links to the downloads.

Too much Wine at Google?

>> Perhaps somebody could clue me in?  It seems that they offer an RPM (for
>> example).  Does this mean that the WINE bit is "transparent to the user",
>> as it were, and that one installs it like any other app?
>>

> If it's compiled against winelib. Then it's just another linux binary.
>
> But what does Picassa offer that say, Fspot doesn't? It seems to me,
> that Google may have missed the boat on this one.

FSpot is great, but it doesn't have the Google logo/trademark or the
marketing pipelines.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E