Re: [article] Yahoo and eBay seal online deal

  • Subject: Re: [article] Yahoo and eBay seal online deal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 03:30:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Paul B ] on Thursday 25 May 2006 22:23 \__

> On Thu, 25 May 2006 19:56:28 GMT, info_at_1-script_dot_com@xxxxxxx
> (www.1-script.com) wrote:
>
>>Paul B wrote:
>>
>>> From : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5017592.stm
>>> Internet search engine Yahoo and auctioneer eBay have teamed up in an
>>> exclusive online alliance.
>>> Under the deal, Yahoo, the largest internet media firm, will be the
>>> exclusive provider of branded advertising on eBay's site.

eBay used to (probably still do) sidle with Google/AdWords, but Google's
potential to elbow eBay with their own service has set them apart. eBay held
talks with Yahoo and Microsoft about a month ago. They really fear Google
because there is a lot of money to be won by Google is they start auctions.
They already have Wallet -- a PayPal (eBay subsidiary) competitor.

>>eBay's own contextual ads simply sucked big times. They definitely needed
>>help from either AdWords team at Google or Yahoo Search Marketing. I
>>guess, they made their choice in favor of the latter because they were
>>afraid few months later Google will come up with Google Flea Market and
>>sweep eBay away?

eBay: write a page on sjksbckjsbdckjsd and you will have AdSense suggest that
you get your sjksbckjsbdckjsd from eBay right now. There are some
embarrassing example of such things. Every unassigned content wound up as
some arbitrary item/search on eBay

> What i've heard is that yahoo's version of adsense is worse than
> googles. I cannot see many people fleeing to them.

I hear/read about the same observations. The neighbours lawn always seems
greener from afar.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Reversi for free: http://othellomaster.com
  3:20am  up 28 days  9:52,  8 users,  load average: 1.14, 0.92, 0.66