Re: [Atricle] Google, Dell in computer tie-up

__/ [ Paul B ] on Friday 26 May 2006 01:26 \__

> From : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5018372.stm
>
> Computer giant Dell and internet search engine Google have reached a
> deal to install a version of Google software on Dell at the factory
> level.
>
> The Dell computers will contain Google software including several
> personal computer applications, a Google toolbar and a co-branded
> homepage.
>
> Both firms will receive revenue from the deal, but details remain
> unknown.
>
> Google chief executive Eric Schmidt said that it was the first of
> several deals.
>
> Speaking to a group of investors during a Goldman Sachs internet
> conference, Mr Schmidt said: "There is probably more to come."
>
> Dell made no comment.
>
> <snip />

For what it's worth, Dell have begun selling computers with Linux, which is
the operating system used by Google in the server room, as well as on the
desktop. I think Dell has become fed up with Microsoft to some extent. Vista
and its many problems does not look promising either, so Dell sidles with
Google/Open Source, gradually.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
  3:15am  up 28 days  9:47,  8 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.42, 0.48