Re: [News] Open Linux Phone with GPS is Revealed (not Trolltech's Greenphone)

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:03:58 +0000
<58168209.pZ1Hvf5u51@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> A truly open Linux phone with GPS debuts
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There have been a lot of phones claiming to be 'Linux phones' and
> | those that do run a Linux kernel, but they all miss the point of
> | Linux: to be open. FIC is about to change that in a big way with a
> | truly open phone, the OpenMoko.
> `----
>
> http://egofood.blogspot.com/2006/11/short-post-on-microsotnovell-deal.html

Sorry, the link above points to a blog indicating

     A short post on the Microsot/Novell deal.

     I've been giving some thought about the implications of the recent
     Microsoft Novell deal, and while I'm ...

which makes no sense at all; please retransmit. :-)

Regrettably, Google seems to not know anything at all about
the OpenMoko (it suggests Openmg, which is presumably the
open-source variant of either a Chinese spice or a British
sports car....)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };