Re: Ok, so now we know...

  • Subject: Re: Ok, so now we know...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:47:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 01 November 2006 19:40 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Jim <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> John A. Bailo came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
>> ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>>
>>> ...whose computer didn't account for daylight savings time.
>>>

>> My network did, my cellphone didn't.
>
> What mobile have you got?

For me it was only the alarm clock that needed manual intervention (a day
late, but I have become rather oblivious to time, especially on a Sunday).
SUSE takes good care of itself, which is not surprising. The PDA reminds me
to verify it's all readjusted and that's all that matters.  It also reminds
me to align all the clocks once in a couple of months... makes it easy to
remember if it's alarm-driven, provided the alarm isn't a day late (as
opposed to an hour late or an hour early).

I'm sure your Nokia 770 is sophisticated enough to be DST-aware. It's just
compacted/customised Debian after all...