Re: Microsoft's Rootkit Disinformation, Understates Figures Again

Larry Qualig wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Do 1.28 Million computers have a Rootkit?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | So assuming like for like, the Microsoft figure of 256,000 unique
>> | computers with rootkits could mean, taking Symantec results into
>> | account, Microsoft have only found 20% of the actual number of
>> | computers with rootkit. Thats a staggering 1,280,000 (1.28 Million)
>> | computers infected with rootkits.
>> `----
>
> Hmmmm. A staggering TOTAL of 1.28 million rootkits out there for ALL
> versions of Windows combined. This includes the millions of users still
> running Win95 and Win98.
>
> So let's see. There are about 600-million Windows users. 1.28 million
> have rootkits. That's a staggering 0.21% percent of computers.
>
> So let's hypothesize and put Linux into the hands of 600 million users.
> Will 0.21% of them somehow manage to screw-up their system?

Lets throw in the >100.000 viruses for windows, shall we?
Add to that several thousand trojans and worms
The rootkits are just the smallest factor in windows being garbage
--
Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
        Let it get in YOUR way. The problem for your problem.