Re: [News] Beware the Microsoft Trojan Horse

On 2006-11-04, William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 16:57:52 +0000, Sinister Midget wrote:

>>> Wow, Microsoft seems to have accomplished one thing, they've scared the
>>> entire Linux community, and stirred them up to a froth.
>>>
>>> Hard to believe one simple annoucement could do all that.
>>
>> You misread events. Just because people express outrage and caution
>> about proceedings doesn't translate to fear.
>
> You're right, it doesn't.
>
>> I have no fear for the future of linux, not as long as such agreements
>> are confined to one foolish vendor.
>
> Exactly. If Novell are daft enough to trust M$, that's their problem.
> There are plenty of other linux distros to use.
>
>> If more decide to follow the same path, it may /then/ be time to start
>> looking at the *BSDs or something. But we're a long, long way off from
>> any bridges of that sort.

I did make one mistake in my response to Ewik. I'd like to take the
opportunity to correct it.

   You misread events. Just because people express outrage and caution
   about proceedings doesn't translate to fear.

should read:

   Your deliberate attempt at stirring the pot is weak. There is no
   fear just because outrage and caution are expressed.

The news is a chance for the Windummies to grasp at some more useless
straws. They have little else going for them, so they take whatever
opportunites present themselves, no matter how weak and pathetic.

What is there for the Windozers to crow about? The Yechs-Botch isn't
doing too well, and the competition han't even released their best
products yet. Fisted is still being slipped. The mostest securest
browser ever known to man was screwed almost as soon as it got out the
door. All of the bigwigs aren't just jumping ship, they're doing it
without bothering to don life jackets. Their big gains (translation:
keeping themselves about the same percentage) on servers amount mostly
to others hosting domains that nobody's using. They're not getting
anything more than yawns about most of their products, at least all of
the ones that their friends in the press aren't complaining about.

So it's time for the trolls to get their marching orders to make some
noise about Novell doing something that probably means their demise.
Beeeeeeeeg deeeeeeel!

--
It's spelled W-I-N-D-O-W-S. But it's pronounced CRAP.