Re: Roy calm down man

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Thursday 02 November 2006 11:38 \__

> You know I like to see some of your posts, but do you think that 72 posts
> might be a little over zealous? Remember that many of us also have our own
> favourite Linux/Computer news sites so we don't really need to see
> everything that has the word 'Linux' in it. Just things that are of
> particular importance in some area would do.

You're quite right and I apologise. I'll slow down a bit. Naturally, I would
have never kept up that same pace. I just seem to have missed a lot of
events, which a cursory look at the OP's suggests have not been covered. I
think that any chance to highlight the absorbance of Linux in the mainstream
leads the skeptical ones to misery. Mainstream media is extremely biased
because it's controlled+/owned by corporations; so, an opportunity missed to
advocate Linux may never return. The Internet has changed not only the way
code is exchange, but also the way information gets absorbed. We can take
advantage of this and make the free nature of the Internet lead the way to
freedom. Many companies (including the press) already try to hinder this.

I suppose that my main point is that duplicability is forgivable, especially
if it's neither conscious not intended. Corporations keep trying to
contaminate online forums (Munchkins and all that malarkey) and I think that
one of the best way to combat this, other than to advocate Linux, is to
expose those corporations when they lobby, cheat, abuse, and threaten. The
residue of this (retaliation, character assassination, FUD, etc.) is the
reason mainstream media has no parity. There's no peer review and editorial
layer in UseNet forums, but if something wrong is there, a shill will
probably be there to set things straight. Silence equates to bitter
expression of consent.

> Did you have a good holiday by the way

Yes, a fine vacation. Lufthansa lost my suitcase (it's a pattern), but all in
all I enjoyed being offline for 4 days.

>and welcome back.

Thanks!