Re: [News] Motorola Establishes Open Source Community

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Motorola to build open source Java ME community
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Motorola Inc. plans to establish an open source community for the Java
>| Micro Edition (Java ME) software stack for the mobile industry...
> `----
>
> http://www.infoworld.nl/idgns/bericht.phtml?id=002570DE00740E18482572190021E87C

Interesting that Motorola are, quite rightly, concerned to avoid
industry-led fragmentation of Java.  It would appear that the dangers of
attempting to use technical barriers to create economic lock-in are no
longer quite so opaque, and the advantages of said approach no longer
quite so apparent nor guaranteed to be successful.

Yes, I've now got this nice little apartment in New York, one of those
L-shaped ones.  Unfortunately, it's a lower case l.
		-- Rita Rudner