Re: [News] Fighting for Survival, Gates Spreads More FUD About Internet

BearItAll wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

MSN Still Going Nowhere Fast

,----[ Quote ]
| It is worth noting that Microsoft still hasn't made any headway
| in the search-and-portal game and, in fact, is falling farther andf
| arther behind. As a result, it is not surprising that Steve Ballmer
| is now warning media companies that Google is the Evil Empire --
|        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| because no other competitive tactic has worked.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061116/20767_id.html?.v=1

Evil empire my left buttoch.

You don't have to look at or use google for long before you see the huge
difference between them and the others. Google go straight to the point,
they give a search engine that searches. It does bring up commercial
results too as they all do, but they are relevant to your search and not
shoved in your face, they are just a link that you can choose in the same
way as any other result. Advertisers are much more likely to get my
attention when dealt like that, I never click a flashy advert.

Amen to that. I fucking hate those popup ads that obscure the content of the page with a passion. Likelihood of me ever responding to one of those is about zero.