Re: Just as I had thought - Novell is the bomb planter

__/ [ Geico Caveman ] on Saturday 18 November 2006 21:18 \__

> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/06/11/18/1838229.shtml
>
> Time to reject any patches or code coming from Novell or its employees ?
>
> This deal sounds more and more like SCO with improvements. SCO failed
> because they could never point to a piece of code and prove it was stolen.
>
> I think that Microsoft is making up for that mistake by using their new
> great friends at Novell to do the planting for them. Months later, when the
> offending code has made its way into most distros, Microsoft will swing in
> with the just cause.
>
> I said precisely this a few days ago in my response to John "Novell uber
> alles" Bailo.
>
> Its time to cut Novell off before they succeed in planting any bombs in
> Linux kernel / app code.

Say it ain't so. I suppose OpenOffice needs to be forked now as well (pulling
an IceWeasel). OpenOffice developers are working under Novell's arm if I
recall correctly. I don't know how they split the load with Sun.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: slippery when dry. You have been warned.
  9:20pm  up 31 days  7:34,  8 users,  load average: 1.57, 0.93, 0.80