Re: your eight daily steps to securing your computer ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 18 November 2006 19:42 \__

> 01. Verify the connection ..
>
> 02. Look at network traffic statistics ..
>
> 03. Look at your antivirus logs ..
>
> 04. Read the security logs on your Domain servers ..
>
> 05. Check for new security patches ..
>
> 06: Meeet and brief Managers ..
>
> 07. Check more logs ..
>
> 08. Turn knowledge into action ..
>
> http://www.zdnetindia.com/insight/security/stories/161223.html
>
> Shouldn't I be doing something else, like enabling the users to earn
> revenue for the company.

Last week I read an article (can't find it quickly) which said 10 minutes per
day are spent powering up the machines. Needless to say, it's more of a
security measure when you have standby, hibernation and other energy-saving
schemes. Other time-wasting activities included printer-related issues (e.g.
paper jams). I think Samsung was behind these figures which estimated hours
get wasted each day on chores (that are easily avoidable with a robust and
secure system).

A bit off-topic, Dough, but I think the police has captured Gary.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061117/tc_nm/britain_webrage_dc

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
Tasks: 143 total,   1 running, 140 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie