[News] "Avertisers, Avertisers, Avertisers"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fj3FOHc-fgA

        "Avertisers, Avertisers, Avertisers"
        From minister of FUD and propaganda, Steve Ballmer

A look into Microsoft's corporate culture.

How Microsoft Is Learning to Love Online Advertising

,----[ Quote ]
| When Joanne Bradford joined Microsoft Corp. in 2001 as head of
| online advertising sales, it quickly became clear to her that
| advertising was a lower life form at the software giant. Her direct
| boss called her ideas "stupid," she recalls. In one meeting in 2004,
| a representative of General Motors Corp. berated her for Microsoft's
| terrible service.
|
| Ms. Bradford had run afoul of a Microsoft corporate culture that
| elevated technology above all else. The bias would soon haunt the
| company as it struggled to compete with Google Inc., a company that
| rose to prominence through the power of online advertising. For
| Microsoft, says company Vice President Yusuf Mehdi,
|                          "advertising was a       bad word."
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB116365166223324849-lMyQjAxMDE2NjEzNjYxNTYxWj.html

What a nice company. I guess "security" was another bad word. And now
everyone suffers (not only Windows users)...

Microsoft : Arrogance leads to Vulnerability

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://securityblog.itproportal.com/?p=514