Re: [News] Media PWN3D by the Likes of Microsoft

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 16 November 2006 10:23 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> Jim <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>>
>>> Methinks you've seen waynes world one too many times.
>>><holds up his cup. "It's those 1000 perforations that let flavour flood
>>> out">
>>
>> The issue is a serious one, though.  In the US there's no legal
>> requirement for unbiassed reporting, here, there is.
>
> Speaking of bias (and corruption), get a load of this...
>
> Polite Hackers Kick It in Korea
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The first international hacker conference held in this most wired of
>| nations would never be confused with its Western forebears.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| For his part, GNU pioneer Stallman cautioned the crowd not to let
>| Korea become too much like the United States. He spoke about the
>| dangers of the country harmonizing with the U.S. Digital Millennium
>| Copyright Act through free trade agreements.
> `----
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72133-0.html
>
> Quoted for the latter part. Haven't some countries (Australia included) fall
> victim to these ludicrous negotiations?

Quite right - the Australian government has totally sold out to a
corrupt US administration - I thought that the Aussies had balls -
apparently not.

> The whole DRM and software piracy
> thing... Gates continues to travel throughout his 'retirement' as he
> 'enlightens' world leaders and changes the law (sometimes using pressure
> groups and lobbyists). It's quite disgraceful... I hope the politicians and
> lawmakers outside the United States have enough integrity. They must not
> cave in to pressure from monopolists in commerse, especially when that
> commerse comes from overseas and snatches jobs from the local people.

Well, not the Aussies, that's for sure.  I think I'll go and laugh at
the next cricket tour.

Be sure to evaluate the bird-hand/bush ratio.