Re: I need Webmail HELP!!

__/ [ ed ] on Thursday 16 November 2006 15:04 \__

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:54:44 +0000
>
>> __/ [ ed ] on Thursday 16 November 2006 14:38 \__

>> >to a > different webmail for our users.  A more "pretty" eye pleasing
>> >>

>> > that's no complaint that's a request. try roundcube.
>> > http://s5h.net/u?52b
>>
>> I happily use Horde Mail which is pretty and feature-rich (it's beyond
>> just a mail client because it has calendaring and news servies). The
>> impression I got at alt.www.webmaster thought it's that it's a pain to
>> set up and/or maintain,
>>
>> It's good usability-wise, but poorer perfrmance(speed)-wise.
>
> roundcube has better looks than horde or squirrelmail, which i think is
> what the user is after, something that /looks/ like a mail client rather
> than a webpage. squirrelmail provides a host of plugins for features, i
> hope the OP tried those before posting here.

In the past I used squirrelmail and Neomail, but I found them rather simple.
I dropped Neomail when I discovered a bug that led me to making mistakes in
a mailing list. I also used something called MailGator (or Gate, or
something that vocally similar) form a couple of years and it looked quite
good, wasn't quite so fast (faster than Horse though) and had all the basic
functionality. I am sure that there are many surveys online which the OP can
have a look it. It has all been done and discussed a million times before.
*smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s):  19.8% user,   2.7% system,   1.1% nice,  76.5% idle