Re: [News] Most European Businsses Won't Embrace Vista

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 15 November 2006 05:29 \__
>
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> As I've mentioned elsewhere a couple of times, there's nothing which
>>> Vista does which is needed.
>>
>> Conversely there are quite a few things needed in Windows, that Vista
>> won't provide.
>>
>> As I've said before, Vista upgrades Microsoft, but downgrades the user.
>
> From the same study:
>
> "European businesses are only considering migrating to Linux when they decide
> to deploy new applications, but most currently have no intention of moving
> to Windows Vista either, according to a survey released this week."
>
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/itmanagement/0,1000000308,39284730,00.htm

Which makes complete sense, of course.  There is no longer a load of
cash sloshing around in big businesses, so they're not choosing to spend
it on buying computers (or anything much else, at the moment).  As and
when we get another investment boom, with loads more capital floating
around, this will change, but probably never back to where it was, and
more probably, an additional capital injection into the markets will
probably benefit the "cheap tin" suppliers rather more than the "big
iron" suppliers.

Save gas, don't eat beans.