[Different News] CIO jury: Is the Linux desktop dead? (YES)

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:17:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Study: No Vista for majority of European businesses
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | More than half of European organizations have no plan to upgrade
> | to Windows Vista, according to a Forrester survey.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6135429.html

Same organisation, same author :

 http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6134965.html?tag=nl.e550

Linux is unlikely ever to be a viable alternative to Microsoft's Windows
 on the desktop for corporate IT departments, according to leading CIOs.

Just this week new research by the National Computing Centre (NCC) found
only one Linux desktop for every 300 currently running Windows XP in UK
organizations. Three-quarters of silicon.com's 12-strong CIO Jury backed
the view that the Linux desktop dream is dead.

BTW. These figures give linux 0.3% market share (yes, I know it's free in
some cases)