Re: zune does not work in vista!

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Thursday 16 November 2006 00:49 \__

> ed wrote:
>
>> http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2237
>>

> You got to be kidding???
>
> Whats up with that picture of three girls??? oh man... does MS need a clue
> or what???
>
> Personally.... I thing the one facing up... just realized that after
> spending a bucket load of money for vista and a zune ... that they are
> incompatible!!!!... Wow! They're cutting their own throats...
>
> And that picture of S. Blammer??? I'm using it for my wall paper...
>  Thanks MS... you never fail to amaze me...

I saw that yesterday in the context of 'add the caption' type of thing. It
was hilarious.

This reminds me of yet another provocative Zune ad.

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2006/11/zune_wtf.html

By the way, earlier when I posted about this incompatibility I included
another. There are too many cases where the latest products just don't work
with the lastest O/S, which is an embarrassment. It proved that they rushed
the releases.

Also see:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/16/zune_vista_incompatible/

,----[ Quote ]
| "Zune, the new digital music player from Microsoft, is not compatible
| with the software giant's new Vista operating system. Buried in the
| Zune website, Microsoft admits that the player is not compatible with
| Vista and gives no information as to when it will introduce a patch or
| update enabling the player to do so.
`----

Ummmm... get Zune, get Vista, then get patch and google for a while to get it
working (many will be unaware of the issue). Good job, Microsoft Vista and
Zune teams. Some people aren't even connected to the Web, which makes me
wonder how Vista validates authenticity.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Open syntax, Open API's, OpenSuSE
roy      pts/0        cg001a.halls.man Mon Nov 13 14:08   still logged in