Re: The Sensational Impact of the PlayStati*nix 3

  • Subject: Re: The Sensational Impact of the PlayStati*nix 3
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 15 Nov 2006 06:52:08 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Game on: PS3, Wii finally hitting stores
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Doherty thinks it will (Sony overcome a major pricing disadvantage). He
> | bases his prediction on several factors: First, PS3 can play all old PS2
> | and PlayStation games, while the Xbox 360 plays many--but not all--original
> | Xbox games.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6134711.html
>
> *scratches head* What happened to Microsoft notorious obsession
> with backward compatibility?

Keep scratching. It may help getting the blood to circulate.

> First, PS3 can play all old PS2 and PlayStation games

Wront. The PS3 can *NOT* play /all/ old PS2 and PlayStation games.

> while the Xbox 360 plays many--but not all--
> original Xbox games.

Exactly, and the same as the PS3 which also plays many, but not all,
original games.

> Vista breaks another such promise.

What "promise"??? Unless you can show such a promise we'll assume that
you're simply making this stuff up.