Re: [News] The Sensational Impact of the PlayStati*nix 3

> Game on: PS3, Wii finally hitting stores
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Doherty thinks it will (Sony overcome a major pricing disadvantage). He
> | bases his prediction on several factors: First, PS3 can play all old PS2
> | and PlayStation games, while the Xbox 360 plays many--but not
> all--original
> | Xbox games.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6134711.html

    As Quantum mentioned, actually there are a couple of PS2 games that the
PS3 can't run.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6136677.html
<quote>
When responding to questions about whether the SCPH-75000's
backward-compatibility issues heralded similar problems with Sony's next-gen
console, she demurred. "It's hard to say the PlayStation 3 will be 100
percent backwards compatible, but as we said earlier this year, we aim to
make it so as much as possible," Sakamoto said, according to IDG. Attempts
to elicit clarifying comments from Sony Computer Entertainment America reps
were unsuccessful as of press time.
</quote>

> *scratches head* What happened to Microsoft notorious obsession with
> backward
> compatibility? Vista breaks another such promise.

    I think Microsoft was pretty frank about the X360's backwards
compatibility capability. I don't know what promise you think was broken.

    And I also think Microsoft is pretty franke about Vista's backwards
compatibility capability. Again, I don't know what promise you think was
broken.

    - Oliver