[News] Vista and Microsoft Products - Even Internally, Interoperability is Broken

I preferred link to this Linux-hostile blog only to show that it comes from
the horse's month, rather than Macheads' Web sites.

It's true: The Zune is incompatible with Vista

,----[ Excerpt ]
| I really couldn't believe the tip a reader sent in earlier this
| month that Microsoft's Zune MP3 player would be incompatible
| with Windows Vista. But, dear readers, it's true!
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=104

Windows Live Messenger and Windows Vista: Worse together

,----[ Quote ]
| There've been plenty of problems reported by Windows Vista beta
| testers attempting to run Windows Live Messenger (version 8.0 final
| and/or 8.1 beta -- take your pick). Now that Vista's done, you might
| think that Windows Live Messenger (WLM) and Windows Vista might be
| coexisting more peacefully. If you did, you would be wrong.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=103

Dependency hell. Collisions. No backward compatibility. Programs that refuse
to coexist. Obscure problems without fix. Yes, it's Windows we're talking
about. A mess...

Previously:

Microsoft's Attempt To Silence a Zune Critic Backfires

,----[ Quote ]
| Props to Drew for recognizing an attempt to gag bad reviews in advance.
| Those efforts always backfire, and this one appears to be proving that
| rule. And given that Engadget's latest screenshot of Zune installation
| errors are reinforcing Microsoft's reputation for buggy software, Drew
| seems to have been appropriately leary of being able to say only good
| things about the Zune experience.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061113/20488_id.html?.v=1

Related:

SQL Server 2005 SP1 won't work with Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| It's no secret that a number of applications, including
| several of Microsoft?s own, are not going to work properly
| with Windows Vista when the product ships.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=71

No More DLL Hell - The Song

,----[ Quote ]
| If you don't know what "DLL Hell" is, you might not understand this song.
| If you do know what it is you will probably love it.
 `----

http://www.interfacett.com/dllhell/

Final thoughts and questions (on Vista Registry issues)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/vintagevista.ars

,----[ Quote ]