[News] Vista and Microsoft Products - Even Internally, Interoperability is Broken

I preferred link to this Linux-hostile blog only to show that it comes from
the horse's month, rather than Macheads' Web sites.

It's true: The Zune is incompatible with Vista

,----[ Excerpt ]
| I really couldn't believe the tip a reader sent in earlier this
| month that Microsoft's Zune MP3 player would be incompatible
| with Windows Vista. But, dear readers, it's true!

Windows Live Messenger and Windows Vista: Worse together

,----[ Quote ]
| There've been plenty of problems reported by Windows Vista beta
| testers attempting to run Windows Live Messenger (version 8.0 final
| and/or 8.1 beta -- take your pick). Now that Vista's done, you might
| think that Windows Live Messenger (WLM) and Windows Vista might be
| coexisting more peacefully. If you did, you would be wrong.

Dependency hell. Collisions. No backward compatibility. Programs that refuse
to coexist. Obscure problems without fix. Yes, it's Windows we're talking
about. A mess...

Microsoft's Attempt To Silence a Zune Critic Backfires

,----[ Quote ]
| Props to Drew for recognizing an attempt to gag bad reviews in advance.
| Those efforts always backfire, and this one appears to be proving that
| rule. And given that Engadget's latest screenshot of Zune installation
| errors are reinforcing Microsoft's reputation for buggy software, Drew
| seems to have been appropriately leary of being able to say only good
| things about the Zune experience.

SQL Server 2005 SP1 won't work with Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| It's no secret that a number of applications, including
| several of Microsoft?s own, are not going to work properly
| with Windows Vista when the product ships.

No More DLL Hell - The Song

,----[ Quote ]
| If you don't know what "DLL Hell" is, you might not understand this song.
| If you do know what it is you will probably love it.

Final thoughts and questions (on Vista Registry issues)

,----[ Quote ]

,----[ Quote ]