Re: [News] Here's Why Microsoft Acquires the Media

begin  oe_protect.scr
B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Monday 13 November 2006 10:51 Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:33:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Should MSNBC really be "reviewing" Gears of War?
>>
>> What, precisely, has this to do with Linux in any way?
>>
>> It's no secret that MSNBC is relatively autonomous.  I've never seen any
>> credible evidence that Microsoft has ever tried to influence MSNBC's
>> objectivity.  They publish articles critical of Microsoft all the time.
>>
>> So, I ask again, what has this to do with Linux?
>
> I think that you are deliberately being silly now, Erik.
>
> Let me give you some examples:-
>
> - What has the Microsoft refusal to implement ODF to do with Linux?
>
> - What has the fact that MS ensures by fair means or foul that virtually any
> desktop sold has MS pre-installed to do with Linux?
>
> - What has Vista "taking over the MBR" to do with Linux?
>
> - What has Internet Explorer to do with Linux?
>
> - What have American elections to do with the Isle of Man?
>
> - What did JFK claim was "the price of liberty"?
>
> - What have your postings here to do with Linux?
>
> In fact, now that I think of it, tell me, Erik - why *do* you spend so much
> time and effort posting here?

It seems amazing to me that Erik fails to see a connetion here.  The WII
and the Sony PS3 are both Linux-based gaming consoles.  They compete
with the Windows-based XBOX360.  Microsoft's own news arm produces a
review of a game for Microsoft's own box;  of course this is relevant to
linux.  If Microsoft were to stop producing and releasing XBoxes, then
there'd be no competition for Linux in the gaming console area, so these
articles would not be relevant.  Of course, they wouldn't be written
either.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
		-- Miguel de Cervantes