Re: Will Vista have this?

__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Sunday 12 November 2006 23:36 \__

> Some new animated "docks".
>
> Some of these animations are almost rediculous, but on the other hand,
> it certainly shows Linux in a way that static "screen shots" just can't
> capture.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qoF72PFic&NR
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRe0xXvHtFs&mode=related&search=
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toAkS51FCqs&mode=related&search=
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJIlP-leaM4&mode=related&search=
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDveeBlwOOo&mode=related&search=

I vividly remember this one.

http://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/akamaru.git/

A /LOT/ of progress since June.

*scratches head*

DirectX 9 no good for physics on GPU

,----[ Quote ]
| As DirectX 9 cannot support a lot of objects it is definitely not
| the perfect answer for running physics on your GPU.

Hmmm...

I know they sought some physicists, according to a job opening people
spotted. People speculated that the poor candidate was intended to be used
in the lockin factory team, labouring with DirectX 10...

I see a lot of physics in AIGLX and XGL, but where is physics in Vista. 'Flip
mode' is so rigid, so there's barely any need for physics. Just map
thumbnail or preview, then tilt. There's a lot one can afford (to waste)
when 2 GB's of RAM (Dell's recommendation) are available.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S