Re: Where can I find geeks?

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 12 November 2006 01:15 \__

> On 11 Nov 2006 16:46:08 -0800
> plzsr@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I hope this doesn't sound weird but Im single and would really like to
>> meet geeky guys. I use the term 'geek' in a positive light. I like
>> guys who are intelligent, caring and down to earth.
>> Most geeks are into all things computing, don't really go out much and
>> may even be socially inept. Thats ok with me because most of these
>> types of guys are really loyal, caring, romantic , unmaterialistic and
>> are generally really nice guys once you get to know them.
>> But my only problem is that I don't know where I can meet someone like
>> that.  Th internet is an obvious place to start but where on the
>> internet do i go?
>>
>> I would really appreciate it, if anyone can shed some light on the
>> issue.
>
> this is just a wild guess, but i suppose it might work for you. try
> googling for sugar daddy dating site or something. when you find a site
> then do another google with the search text: site:<sitename.com> "geek"
> then you might land upon the right profile.
>
> of course i've not tried this myself with 32d or anything like that...

*LOL*

It seems like flamebait landing on this particular group. The Windows
advocates might be a better crowd to address. Oh, look...

http://www.blogger.com/profile/25425575

 Erik Funkenbusch

# Age: 39
# Gender: male
# Astrological Sign: Capricorn
# Zodiac Year: Horse
# Industry: Technology
# Occupation: Geek
              ^^^^

So we were all wrong after all. He's not a toner monkey, yttrx. He does not
powercycle the printers either. But does a job of a geek pay? Or is it just
a coverup for the real job title---UseNet shill.

http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/usenet-shill/
http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/flatfish-homepage.png

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
  1:20am  up 24 days 11:34,  8 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.16