Re: [News] Is It Just Me Who Calls Vista "Windows XP SP3"?

More of your "accidental" inaccuracies....

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:15:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Among major publications that over the past year drew this comparison...
>
> Don't wait for Windows XP SP3!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The release of Windows XP SP3 was shelved to the first half of 2008 which
>| is quite a long way to go.
> `----
>
> http://techtaxi.blogspot.com/2006/11/dont-wait-for-windows-xp-sp3.html

There is nothing in this article that refers to Vista as SP3.

> In older news:
>
> With slip, concerns that XP SP 3 will be cut
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| With Microsoft now saying that its next major service pack
>| for Windows XP will not ship until 2008, some Windows
>| users are wondering whether the software upgrade will
>| ever be released.
> `----
>
> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2006/102406-with-slip-concerns-that-xp.html?page=1

Also nothing in this article that refers to Vista as SP3.

> I can think of at least two recent articles from respectable sources which
> used the term "SP3" when referring to Vista (I first made this comparison in
> March this year... http://tinyurl.com/qw892 ). Many more articles described
> Vista as XP with some eye candy or called Aero Glass the primary new
> feature, if not the only worthy one.

Yet you seem unable to actually post links to any of them, which is odd
considering that you post links to anything your addled mind finds some way
to connect.

> And today:
>
> Vista already leaked....

Yup.  No suprise to anyone.

> Windows Vista RTM leaked online
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Windows Vista went RTM only a few days ago, and has not yet been
>| released to MSDN or Volume Licensing customers.
>|
>| "Cracks" that removes the need to activate within 30 days appeared
>| online hours after the release, which could be installed without a
>| cd-key.
>|
> `----
> http://www.win-vista.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=317

Actually, no.  The "patch" doesn't remove the need to activate, it simply
resets the 30 day window.  A simple registry change.

You need to activate Vista to get access to Windows update, download any of
the planned enhancement packs or updates, or use Windows Defender.

> Maybe piracy will ultimately be used to keep a footing in poorer countries.
> Been done before... deliberately.

Vista isn't particularly useful without activation.  The activation reset
patch will be more annoying to the pirates.  I expect a real crack will
come soon, though.  Anything the CPU can read, so can a human, and patch.