[News] Is It Just Me Who Calls Vista "Windows XP SP3"?

Among major publications that over the past year drew this comparison...

Don't wait for Windows XP SP3!

,----[ Quote ]
| The release of Windows XP SP3 was shelved to the first half of 2008 which
| is quite a long way to go.
`----

http://techtaxi.blogspot.com/2006/11/dont-wait-for-windows-xp-sp3.html

In older news:

With slip, concerns that XP SP 3 will be cut

,----[ Quote ]
| With Microsoft now saying that its next major service pack
| for Windows XP will not ship until 2008, some Windows
| users are wondering whether the software upgrade will
| ever be released.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2006/102406-with-slip-concerns-that-xp.html?page=1

I can think of at least two recent articles from respectable sources which
used the term "SP3" when referring to Vista (I first made this comparison in
March this year... http://tinyurl.com/qw892 ). Many more articles described
Vista as XP with some eye candy or called Aero Glass the primary new
feature, if not the only worthy one.

And today:

Vista already leaked....

Windows Vista RTM leaked online

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows Vista went RTM only a few days ago, and has not yet been
| released to MSDN or Volume Licensing customers.
|
| "Cracks" that removes the need to activate within 30 days appeared
| online hours after the release, which could be installed without a
| cd-key.

`----
http://www.win-vista.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=317

Maybe piracy will ultimately be used to keep a footing in poorer countries.
Been done before... deliberately.