[News] Exclusive Distribution Channels and Game Maker That Are Restricted to Produce Games Only for Windows/XBox

(or "how come we don't see a lot of Linux games?")

THQ in distribution pact with Microsoft Game Studios

,----[ Quote ]
| THQ Inc. on Wednesday said its ValuSoft division signed an agreement
| with Microsoft Game Studios to be the exclusive U.S. distribution
| partner for select Microsoft Windows-based PC products.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20061129:MTFH32482_2006-11-29_11-24-54_WNAS4365&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/ydrs3x

The above isn't an ideal example, but...

Can these commitments, much like "exclusives", stifle competition, especially
when they come from a convicted monopoly? A word of mouth said that
Microsoft also sought to acquire Capcom, having already absorbed many game
makers.