Re: [News] The Truth Behind Novell's Open Letter

On 2006-11-29, BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Novell's Open Letter Watered Down?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | According to an article at the Linux Beacon, the original wording
>> | of the Novell Open Letter to the Community contained a harsher
>> | rebuff of the FUD spewed by Microsoft in the days following the
>> | announcement of the deal.
>> `----
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2006/11/29/novells-open-letter-watered-down/
>
> Call me a psychologist if you like, but I have a feeling that this will not
> be a happy relationship. Novell should have opted for a longer courtship
> first.
>
> Sorry, the younger ones will not know what that means. A courtship is where
> you meet up a few times before proposing, it's a bit like going out with
> your mates, but there's only two of you and its much less fun. Then you get
> married.

Yeah. In celebration of finding a way to have little or no fun in the
company of another, you agree to keep doing it for a long, long time.

Ideally it's 'til death do you part. Sometimes you have to sever it,
though, before one of you finds yourself facing a death sentence for
making sure death *did* you part.

I so much missed not having fun with a spouse that I went back for
another round after the first time was no more fun not having fun. This
time it's probably 'til death. Some days death feels closer than
others.

--
Microsoft may not be the root of all evil, but it's not for lack of
trying.