[News] Analysts Have no Faith in Zune; Shopkeepers Unfamilar with It

Analyst: Ipod Beating Zune

,----[ Quote ]
| Analyst Survey Shows Microsoft's Zune Far Behind IPod in Big Box and
| Online Stores
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061128/analyst_note_apple.html?.v=1

No Zing for the Zune

,----[ Quote ]
| Already the butt of jokes on late-night TV and online, Microsoft's
| Zune apparently is not getting much help from retailers who sell the
| product.
|
| "I've never heard of the Zune."
|
| "I don't suggest the Zune, because it is really heavy."
|
| "Who makes that?"
|
| That's a sample of comments compiled by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene
| Munster, who recently quizzed salespeople at 40 big-box consumer
| electronics stores to gauge what MP3 players they suggested to customers,
| at the more-than $200 price-point.
|
| Only 8% recommended the Zune, compared with 75% who endorsed Apple's
| iPod.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techgames/10324668.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA
http://tinyurl.com/yndn39

The next round of fight will involve lawyers and FUD. Not marketing and not
technical merits, both of which have evidently failed.