[News] Microsoft acknowledges that "Linux is a serious competitor"

Pick up a penguin - Linux explained

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has a reputation as an operating system for high-end purposes
| such as web servers, and high-end users such as programmers.
|
| It is also seldom out of the news, appearing in devices as diverse as
| the PlayStation2 and Xbox, and on 60,000 desktop
| computers in the West Yorkshire police force.
|
| IBM actively promotes Linux to big companies and even Microsoft
| acknowledges that "Linux is a serious competitor".
`----

http://www.activehome.co.uk/computeractive/features/2013847/pick-penguin-linux-explained

I'm not sure the Yorkshire police force has 60k desktops, but regardless,
that's more Linux advocacy in popular sites.