Re: [News] Microsoft acknowledges that "Linux is a serious competitor"

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> Pick up a penguin - Linux explained

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Linux has a reputation as an operating system for high-end purposes
> | such as web servers, and high-end users such as programmers.
> |
> | It is also seldom out of the news, appearing in devices as diverse as
> | the PlayStation2 and Xbox, and on 60,000 desktop
> | computers in the West Yorkshire police force.
> |
> | IBM actively promotes Linux to big companies and even Microsoft
> | acknowledges that "Linux is a serious competitor".
> `----

> http://www.activehome.co.uk/computeractive/features/2013847/pick-penguin-linux-explained

> I'm not sure the Yorkshire police force has 60k desktops, but regardless,
> that's more Linux advocacy in popular sites.

Yorkshire WAS a large county. But these days, it's split into 3 seperate
counties, west, north and south. So although all these places fall within
yorkshire...

Doncaster, leeds, huddersfield, halifax, harrogate, york, bradford,
bridlington, scarborough, whitby, filey... etc

York falls into north yorkshire, halifax and hudderfield are west yorkshire
and doncaster is south yorkshire.

Still, west yorkshire does cover quite a large area, so, it's possible.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |
|            in            | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
|     Computer Science     | - Father Jack in "Father Ted"                   |