Re: [News] Vista Startup Sound Cannot Be Changed

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:56:52 +0000
<2392558.MRREt7HEiS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ Gordon ] on Monday 27 November 2006 15:29 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Vista Startup Music to Remain Unalterable (from ignoramous BTW)
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> as in the hordes of complaints about the uncustomizable IE7 gui....
>

> http://www.windows-noob.com/review/ie7/part_4.html

Erm....that is a freaking, unglobulated mess.  :-P
Far better, if one can do it, to set up a local home page
and launch from there, in my opinion.  (Not everyone
knows HTML, unfortunately.)

However, I doubt this problem is unique to IE; presumably
Firefox could get into a similar state, if one installs
enough toolbars -- though probably without the security
issues.

This toolbar list is a tribute to the creativity of the
toolbar designers, though -- since there's so many of them.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };