Re: [News] Prepare for the Next-generation Linux Handheld (with Wi-Fi, TV Tuner)

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Gamepark announces redesigned XGP and surprise XGP Mini
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Although release dates are unknown for either model, the XGP will
>| supposedly retail for around $300, while the XGP Mini (pictured after
>| the break) will cost $150.
> `----
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/02/gamepark-announces-redesigned-xgp-and-surprise-xgp-mini/
>
> Here's a review of an older Linux handheld:
>
> http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/08/02/151253&from=rss
>
> It has been selling very well. Here's another Linux-based handheld:

Interesting - we're seeing a whole new generation of hardware
development precisely because all the FLOSS is available.

My No1 son is very pleased with himself to be able to play DIVXs from
his GP2X onto his television.  He's taken it over to Grandparents this
weekend to show them what he/it can do...

> Review: Mylo price tag may keep away target audience
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Sony Corp.'s latest effort to capture the hearts, minds and money of
>| teens and twentysomethings is a Web browser, messaging program, wireless
>| phone and digital music player all rolled into a handheld gadget that goes
>| by the name Mylo.
> `----
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/09/21/sony.mylo.ap/index.html?section=cnn_tech
>
> There are many more mobile devices that are using Linux. It's an area where
> Linux is extremely popular.

You will lose an important disk file.