Re: Microsoft won't publicly list patent claims ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 25 November 2006 13:58 \__

> "someday, for all countries that are entering WTO [the World Trade
> Organization], somebody will come and look for money to pay for the
> patent rights for that intellectual property."
>
> 'Microsoft wanted to "get the appropriate economic return for our
> shareholders from our innovation,"'
>
> ""Microsoft does not publicly list patent claims used by a product or
> by a component, as is standard with most companies in the industry,"
>
> http://www.cio.in/news/viewArticle/ARTICLEID=2433

As [H]omer said, one line of FUD is worth a thousand lawsuits. The damage has
been done and even if Ballmer refuses to say anything more, the fear among
the mis/less informed will linger on. It was only about 5 months ago that he
spewed out another line of FUD. Something along the lines of "we owe it to
our shareholders".

Bear in mind, of course, that the patent threat and the SCO case has led to
considerable doubt and delays before the migration of Munich to Linux began.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | #FFFFFFF4 ADD &R1, "9999999", &BankAccount
roy      pts/7                         Sat Nov 25 10:46   still logged in