Re: Netac withdraws patent infringement complaint against Sony ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 25 November 2006 14:28 \__

> "Netac,  a  USB  Flash drive producer,  recently  withdrew  its
> complaint  against  Sony  for patent infringement  related  to  flash
> memory  drives  after  the two parties reached a settlement"
>
> http://www.interfax.com/4/216255/news.aspx

Maybe they found out that Sony has some hydrogen bomb (read: paperclip-type
patent), so they backed off. OSDL is currently issuing patents where there's
prior art (I'm not sure it's affiliated with OIN). FSF says it's doing more
harm than good. Patents must be banished; not accumulated in defence.

I think it's very important that we show the miserable state of the patent
system, which has descended to the level of approving ownership of
everything under the sun.

Best wishes,

VISTA - Venereally-Infectious, Sexually-Transmitted Aliment