Re: petition against the MS/NOVL deal ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 25 November 2006 14:34 \__

> "As the agreement stands today, it betrays the authors of the software
> you re-market and their users worldwide for Novell's sole commercial
> benefit"
>
> http://techp.org/petition/show/1

I wonder if Hovsepian will read our comments at all (rather than just count
the signatures). He's on a separate planet. When the skepticism/shouting
began, Haeger did an interview with him and the saturation of the word
"customers" (as opposed to community) became worrisome. Later on came the
clarifications, but it's probably too late. They won't retract.

The petition serves an important role because one day in the future it will
highlight the stubbornness that we find in Novell's mistaken deal.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
Mem:    514480k total,   373960k used,   140520k free,    40200k buffers