[News] Microsoft Kernel Guru Insinuates Windows May Have Nicked Some Linux

Painting over the patent earthquake

,----[ Quote ]
| As Microsoft kernel guru Marc Russinovich said two years ago, "The
| two operating systems are very similar from a kernel perspective,
| because as engineers work on problems they look around to see what's
| working elsewhere. So you end up with a lot of similarities".
`----

http://opinion.zdnet.co.uk/leader/0,1000002208,39284804,00.htm

A comment I have seen:

'Errm, since more people are likely to have seen linux kernel code than
windows kernel code, can we assume that he actually meant:

"We looked at the linux kernel and stole bits"'

My reply:

I know (Linux) kernel hackers who went to work at Microsoft. They saw Linux
code before. Take the creator of Gentoo for example...