Re: [News] Laptop Maker Touts Linux-readiness

On 2006-10-09, JDS <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:07:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | SL2 is being shipped with a choice of Microsoft Windows XP Home or Pro,
>> | and is also 100% compatible with Red Hat and other Linux, and a wide
>> | variety of software options.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.prweb.com/releases/CompAmerica/SL2/prweb448209.htm
>
> Um, this *sounds* good, but has aanyone actually visited the website
> selling the laptop? See if you can find Linux mentioned wrt their laptops.
> Go ahead.

A little quoting:

   .....and is also 100% compatible with Red Hat and other Linux.....

I don't see any mention in the article that says they /sell/ any that
way. The claim is just that the laptop will work with linux.

I don't find any mention of it on the site either. But the release (pdf
form, linked from the PR web page, and it says the same thing the link
says) is signed by William Blackthorn at CompAmerica. I presume that
means it's official.

--
I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect
that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an