Re: [News] Another Windows Achilles Heel

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It's that sort of stuff that should make anyone fear the use of
> Windows.

Aha. More off topic windows stuff.

> Keyloggers, screengrabbers and the likes of them are often undetectable and
> can be installed stealthily. PJ asked me about it because it's not clear if
> employees could avoid it by evading the monoculture.

None of the above makes no sense whatsoever. They are words for words
sake yet again. Why would he "ask you about it"? You apparently haven't
got a clue about what you are talking about : just wild speculation and
guess work. You admit as much yourself.

> In general, I still avoid approaching Windows boxes because I know they
> 'phone home'. What information is sent, who the hell knows. I wouldn't

Huh? Approaching windows? What is he talking about? This entire "phone
home" myth has been dispelled more times than soft mick.

> believe what Microsoft says and, besides, WGA or Vista will only raise the
> level of spying. IE7 likewise; it logs all visited pages, sometimes
> remotely.

"Sometimes remotely"? You mean mostly it logs them locally? Like a cache
or a history? Wow. Amazing.