Re: [News] Another Windows Achilles Heel

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Sunday 08 October 2006 02:06 \__

http://www.watchyourend.com/2006/10/06/usb-switchblade-steal-windows-passwords-browsing-history-and-more/

>> Also see the H-P junk that was used to spy on employees.
>>
>> http://www.readnotify.com/readnotify/plugin.asp
>>
>> Back doors for managers and governments is also a back door to crackers...
>
> Wow! This sounds like so much fun... I got my copies...

It's that sort of stuff that should make anyone fear the use of Windows.
Keyloggers, screengrabbers and the likes of them are often undetectable and
can be installed stealthily. PJ asked me about it because it's not clear if
employees could avoid it by evading the monoculture.

In general, I still avoid approaching Windows boxes because I know they
'phone home'. What information is sent, who the hell knows. I wouldn't
believe what Microsoft says and, besides, WGA or Vista will only raise the
level of spying. IE7 likewise; it logs all visited pages, sometimes
remotely.