Re: Microsoft Proven to Have Financed SCO's Bogus Anti-Linux Lawsuits

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Proven to Have Financed SCO's Bogus Anti-Linux Lawsuits
  • From: Peter KÃhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:24:02 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hadron Quark wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 09 October 2006 07:57 \__

>>> Ah, there you go again, posting Microsoft news that obviously has no
>>> relation to Linux!  (Or so countless trolls constantly complain.)
>>> Perhaps IBM has a case against Microsoft for this.
>>
>> I sure hope so. About 3 months ago they requested (through the courtroom)
>> a Microsoft subpoena. What I dread is the thought of IBM suing Microsoft
>> for money (or settling coupons _once again_, as they did last year).
>>
>> How does one get a company jailed? A few executives handcuffed would be
>> not a sufficiently effective punishment because they are replaceable. I
>> just really, really hope that public becomes aware of this and begins
>> boycotting Microsoft, even as a matter of principle. Letting this animal
>> be out in the wild means that more victims are yet to be targetted and
>> become easy prey, especially now that the animal struggles for its
>> survival while it has sharp teeth and a big belly (deep pockets).
>>
>> Looking at the big(ger) picture, the legal system is either broken or
>> flaws if it permits corruption of this kind go unnoticed and for
>> companies to just say "oops" and carry on. That's what Microsoft has done
>> with Netscape, Real... and soon it could be Firefox. First fight using
>> merits (if any are a possibility). Failing that, move to FUD. Failing
>> that, move to outmuscling the rival by prebundling, fraud, or whatever
>> seems like the best trick /du jour/. That latter is Microsoft's mastery.
>
> Another post about windows and MS people. Off Topic.

Not at all. Posts about SCO and their MS-financers (who tried to quash linux
with the hilarious "stolen-IP" claims) are totally on-topic.

*You* as MS shill and astroturfer do not decide what would be on-topic here
or not
BTW, you practically *never* post on-topic as well. So how about just
shutting up, Hadron Quark?
--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware