Re: [News] Firm Chooses Open Source (to Replace DB2)

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Open Season: Firm bets the farm on open source database
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| When the xBase database's large size made custom reporting using
>| xBase impractical, Agri Stats chose IBM's DB2 Workgroup Edition
>| relational database as an upgrade to both xBase and DB2/400. However,
>| DB2's instability and frequent crashes in the test environment made
>| it unsuitable for Agri Stats' mission-critical production needs.
>|
>| Since the switch to EnterpriseDB, executives from Agri Stats said the
>| firm has enjoyed trouble-free operation.
> `----
>
> http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1219937,00.html
> http://tinyurl.com/m3gkz

I think it's been well known and understood in the open-source world for
ages that FLOSS is generally much more reliable than proprietary
software, so this should be no great surprise.  FLOSS has had a very
long time to mature some really good projects now, so the quality of
code coming through is now able to take on even the best of the top-end
proprietary stuff (eg., nothing which would run on Windows).

In which level of metalanguage are you now speaking?