Re: Its ...

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 07 October 2006 23:57 \__

> the FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>
> 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy
>
> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
>
> For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating
> systems.
>
> That single sentence is the one and only charter of the newsgroup
> comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for the newsgroup as a
> place for supporters of Linux to gather to discuss Linux, for the
> betterment of the Linux community and the promotion and development of
> Linux. It supports this as a place for those who would like to learn more
> about Linux to come to learn from those who know Linux. It does not call
> for it to be a place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order
> to discredit Linux.
>
> Security is one of those funny things.  You can talk about being "more"
> secure, but there's no such thing.  A vulnerability is a vulnerability, and
> even one makes you just as insecure as anyone else.  Security is a binary
> condition, either you are or you aren't. - Funkenbusch 1 Oct 2006

*LOL* Security is a feature, not a trait. Pay $50 per year to Microsoft in
order to get Microsoft's product /gain/ a _little_ more security.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows leaves me peckish
Cpu(s):  24.8% user,   3.3% system,   0.9% nice,  71.0% idle