Re: "the largest monoculture in history" sez 2B1 mouthpiece

  • Subject: Re: "the largest monoculture in history" sez 2B1 mouthpiece
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 13:09:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 06 October 2006 16:52 \__

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/04/olpc-invites-hackers-to-test-break-2b1s-security-systems/

> //
> One Laptop Per Child has put out a call out to hackers attending this
> past weekend's Toorcon computer security conference, asking them to
> assist in breaking the 2B1 laptop "before there is a billion of them out
> in the field," according to TG Daily. A representative from the project,
> Ivan KristiÄ?, said at Toorcon that the OLPC will "create the largest
> monoculture in history" and that it has the potential to spawn "very
> scary" security problems.
> //

Oops. I realised I had replied to the wrong thread. Reply below.

http://www.toorcon.org/2006/sponsors.html
                            ^^^^^^^^

        "Microsoft - Where Do You Want to Go Today?"

The hypocricy makes you wonder sometimes...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the oceans
  1:05pm  up 8 days 13:49,  8 users,  load average: 1.16, 0.92, 0.79