Re: (Ping: Roy) Xfce applet for mac menubar has come!

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 07 October 2006 01:06 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Aquila Deus ] on Friday 06 October 2006 18:59 \__
>>
>>> See http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1586951
>>> Updated info about how to get latest gtk2-aqd in
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=241868
>>>
>>> gnome applet will also come, soon!
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>
>> Nice! I've spread a couple of links. It's a good thing you didn't
>> crosspost this to the Windows advocacy group. With a Celine Dion album in
>> the screenshots, that bunch of homophobes would be all over you...
>
> Why? Is Celine Dion gay?

No, but this statement was based on previous posts from the OP which were
sent to the wasteland that's the Windows advocacy chalkboard. Affinity for
female vocals can be interpreted (but those who desparately want to believe
it) as femininity.

> Can't say I'm much of a "diva" fan myself, unless you count Elton John
> (yes he's one too, apparently).
>
> In fact most of that pseudo-Soul caterwauling is all bollocks, it makes
> my teeth hurt. Gimmie something crunchy like Slipknot any Tuesday of the
> week. Dunno, maybe I just have something against female vocals; they
> make me tired. Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, Kirsty MacColl, Chrissy
> Hines, Skunk Anansie, and Ashlee Simpson; are all exceptions to that
> rule, but in general, most other female vocalists just gimmie a headache.

Why, what's wrong with some /non/-pop-like vocalists that are female? I'll
admit that I don't care for all that actress/entertainer/singer culture of
if-you-can-do-one-thing-then-you-can-do-everything or
give-me-some-lights-makeup-and-rhythm-and-I'll-show-my-booty approach. But
not all music is like that. Just /modern/ music...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
roy      pts/7                         Thu Oct  5 03:31 - 03:33  (00:01)